Founded in 1951, IKO has grown to be among the world's largest exporters of shingles and a leader in commercial roofing, insulation and waterproofing businesses. Despite its growth, IKO has remained firmly rooted in its core values and dedication to quality. Its combination of unparalleled values, innovation and cutting-edge products will allow IKO to continue to lead the way in its industry for now and into the future.
IKO’s special Advantage size provides for a 5-7/8” exposure, larger than most in their class. This provides for a larger surface area allowing them to go down faster and easier for installers saving you on labor costs. IKO’s special Fastlock™ sealant along the bottom edge of the shingles helps prevent wind-driven rain from getting underneath them. Activated by the sun’s heat, the sealant gets extra-tacky and creates an even stronger bond to help ensure maximum protection against wind uplift, blow-off and water penetration. IKO’s heavier shingles and modified bitumen sealant help to protect against winds up to 130 mph!*
IKO shingles don’t only provide superior performance but offer colors and styles that can elevate your home from ordinary to extraordinary. Its modern, laminated two-piece design provides a lot more depth, dimension and variation and each shingle is manufactured to have “dragon’s teeth.” This random, varied pattern is created by staggering their size and position to create a rich texture. Deep shadow bands add a breathtaking contrast.
Every IKO shingle line features:
- Fiberglass mat that is coated top and bottom with weathering asphalt to protect the roof from water, then surfaced with colored granules. It is heavy-duty for exceptional durability and structural integrity. Weathering-grade asphalt that holds the granules on the shingle and protects the roof from water.
- Colorful mineral granules that in addition to adding beauty and style help to reflect the sun's rays.
- Built-in Algae-Resistance granules to help inhibit the growth of blue-green algae that can cause unattractive black stains, streaks and discoloration.
- IKO’s special Advantage size for a larger surface area allowing an easier and faster install.
- IKO’s Fastlock™ sealant along the bottom edge that helps prevent wind-driven rain from getting underneath them while providing the added benefit of creating a stronger bond when activated by the sun’s heat.
- Class A Fire Rating, the highest available for residential applications.
- Wind Resistance for winds and gusts up to 130 mph*.
* Depending on the style of shingle selected.