StormShield® Ice & Water Protector
IKO StormShield® Ice & Water Protector ia an exconomical odified bitumen roll adds an extra layer of protection against wind-driven rain and ice dams which can cause water to back up under the shingles. The StormShield® is a resilient, non-woven glass fiber mat permeated and coated with SBS modified bitumen and sanded on top to provide a non-slip surface. This product is used to waterproof under shingled roofs and can also be used as an underlayment around chimneys, dormers, vent stacks and other roof-top structures or apertures around doors and windows.
- Helps prevent water leakage due to ice dams and wind-driven rain.
- Improved flexibility for superior performance.
- Slip-resistant surface for safe application.
- Tear-resistant membrane.
- Glass fiber-reinforced for extra strength.
- Self-adhesive for watertight sealing.
- Self-sealing around roofing nails.